How you and your business can help light up Galway this Christmas 2016:
- Save the date: Friday 11 November @5.00pm-8.00pm
- Inform your staff and involve them
- Decorate your shop and shop windows
- Embrace the community Christmas Spirit
- Pledge a gift/prize to firstname.lastname@example.org. The target for giveaways is €15,000+
- Like and share on your social media pages, e.g. Facebook, Twitter etc
- Help the GCBA to make a success of the Christmas Lights Event by being there and helping out
- Display the POSTER for the Christmas Lights Event in your business so that it is plain to see by all your customers
- Use the opportunity to promote your own business by donating spot prizes, vouchers, discounts on the night etc. It's a great chance for some free publicity
- Make every effort to support your neighbours and community in The Heart of Galway
- Enjoy the evening - if you're having fun then your customers will have fun
- Do your best to encourage your customers to come into the city centre, The Heart of Galway, on November 11th and make the switching on of the Christmas Lights an event that can be enjoyed by old and young alike
Galway Simon are our partner charity for this event. We want to encourage as many people as possible to bring along non-perishable items to donate to the Simon Christmas Food Appeal. Let's show that the businesses and the people of Galway are generous and caring this Christmas.
Lots of prizes have come in already, e.g. vouchers etc from 56 Central, 37 West, OMG@Zhivago, Eyre Square Shopping Centre, Hartmann Jewellers, the Hotel Meyrick to name but a few. Please contribute to the spirit of Christmas by joining these businesses in donating a prize.
Galway Bay FM and Classic Hits 4FM are promoting the Christmas Lights Event. The Galway Bay FM Baycaster will be there and Ollie Turner will be the MC for the evening.
A great line-up of entertainment is scheduled with musicians, singers, dancers, face-painting, Christmas jumper competition, spot prizes for various activities and so much more.
We look forward to seeing you there!